BGN Session Report Aug, Sept & October 2011
The Bumper Issue!
Sorry for the months of no show here.. a combination of work, computer HDD crashing and general laziness (hides in corner) contributed to the lack of updates on this thread. Since I can’t remember most of the stuff that took place already (yikes!), I’m going to do highlights instead. Now that everything’s almost back to normal, the following post should be familiar. 😀
10 AUGUST 2011
2. Airlines Europe
3. Management Material
4. Glory to Rome
6. Shadows Over Camelot
7. 7 Wonders (& Leaders Expansion)
9. Survive! Escape from Atlantis
August was definitely a packed month! Between the 2 meetups, we probably had almost 40 people pass through. Amazing!
Highlights of the meetup:
1. Teddy, his wife and Alvin joined us for the first time!
2. We had a teens table going, playing Survive and later their fav SoC.
3. An EPIC farming session that spanned 2 hours.
4. Dixit, the cutesy party deduction game with a twist hitting the table.
5. First play of 7 Wonders: Leaders Expansion!
24 AUGUST 2011
1. Airlines Europe
2. Tammany Hall
3. Blood Bowl
4. Shadows Over Camelot
5. Lord of Vegas
Another packed meetup!
1. Tammany Hall, a brutal area control game hits the table.
2. SoC hitting the table again with the teens.
3. Amanda and co. taking a while to conquer Europe with their airlines!
4. Training game of the ultra hot Troyes!
5. Bloody football being played. 😛
7 SEPTEMBER 2011
1. Lords of Vegas
2. Munchkin Bites!
3. Small World
4. Thunderstone (Epic variant)
Many thanks to John for bringing and teaching Thunderstone. Pity I haven’t got a chance to try yet.. 😦
1. A 2p teaching game of Troyes – Norman is now hooked on the online version! 😛
2. Teens taking on Small World.
3. Epic Thunderstone was truly… epic.
4. Munchkin Bites! hits the table courtesy of DWolve.
5. Some people still like gambling… hmm…
21 SEPTEMBER 2011
2. Eaten by Zombies!
3. Munchkin Bites!
4. Nuns on the Run
A night George A. Romero would have been proud of. Zombies, cowboy and nuns!
1. Eaten by Zombies! first play!
2. Dicetown (courtesy of BGC) was a hit. Loved by both groups that played it.
3. Nuns got away. This time. 🙂
4. Hackers although dated (modem?) looked very interesting
5. There’s a lot of dirt. Seriously.
5 OCTOBER 2011
1. Snow Tails
2. Magical Athlete
3. Airlines Europe
October was a quite month for BGN, Guess it’s losing steam?
1. Snow tails by Lamont Brothers was really cool.
2. Our homemade slalom was awesome.
3. Magical Athlete has to be the #1 LOL race game.
4. Diversity won Airlines Europe – Ernest had 1 share of everything. That alone deserves victory.
5. Silvia’s first visit to BGN (hopefully not last?)
5 OCTOBER 2011
1. Survive! Escape from Atlantis
2. Fresco + Expansions
3. Mines of Zavandor
4. Magical Athlete
5. Summoner Wars
6. 7 Wonders + Leaders Expansion
Deepavali = longer gaming time.
1. Amanda brought her younger brother.
2. He liked Survive! & Magical Athlete but MoZ was too boring for him?
3. The guys got to try Fresco.
4. John teaches Summoner Wars, it was 2 v 1 as Joel had to leave. DWolve emerged victorious despite having the odds stacked against him!
5. I got to play 7 Wonders: Leaders. It’s not game changing but does enough to freshen things up.
The Puchong Bully